rsa 1024 bit?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 12:36:26 +0200

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, L. Sassaman wrote:

> Hrmm. How hard would it be to fix that? (Right now, if a user has an RSA
> v3 key and GnuPG, they are unable to send signed and encrypted email to
> someone using PGP of any version. Neeedless to say, this is inconvenient.)
Hmmm, does that mean that PGP 6 requires that an encrypted and signed message using a v3 key for the encryption is not able to cope with signature after signed-data? Ooops, I didn't know that. If this is really true, a hack to allow GnuPG to create the signed-data after signature - at least for small message (say a few hundred k) - might be worth to think about. Werner -- Werner Koch GnuPG key: 621CC013 OpenIT GmbH http://www.OpenIT.de -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org