Windows IPC (was: Pb decrypting with PGP 6.5.3 and GnuPG)

Mr Griffon griffon9@hotmail.com
Sun, 03 Sep 2000 08:42:38 GMT

>BTW, we are working on GPA and this runs also as a native Windows
>program. However, there are quite a lot of things we have still to do
>(http://www.gnupg.org/gpa.html) and we do not need legal papers for GPA.
I've been following GPA from time to time, but it's not ready yet for prime time and I'm not very good at C (and there's no binary snapshot either), so I decided to code my own GUI in Delphi instead (which is a matter of minutes once the GnuPG interfacing code is done).
> > found out that the current version of GnuPG for Windows has absolutely
>NO
> > way of getting the secret key password from another program. This means
>
>I have not yet implemented it but for other reasons (see below) but it
>should be fairly easy to do; You can do it the same way as in Unix:
>use --passphrase-fd and specify the handle from a pipe you have
>created (see W32's CreatePipe()). We are already using 2 pipes for
>the output and the status stream (gpa/gpapa/gpapaintern.c). I am
>currently reworking that part but the code is still there.
Well I tried to do just that but didn't manage to get it right. I'm pretty sure my password pipe is fine (I can read back what I put in it), yet GnuPG doesn't seem to care. I get the message "Reading passphrase from file descriptor xx" but then get the error : gpg: public key decryption failed: bad passphrase gpg: decryption failed: secret key not available I'm sure my passphrase is right of course :) . So either I forgot some "magic something" somewhere, or there's something broken in gnupg-1.0.2 for win32. I looked at the GPA code and doesn't seem to do anything more than I do. _________________________________________________________________________ Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com. Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at http://profiles.msn.com. -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org