RSA in GnuPG?

Jack McKinney jackmc-gnupg-users@lorentz.com
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 11:41:38 -0500

    From the GnuPG FAQ:

3.3) How do I include support for RSA and IDEA?

The official GnuPG distribution (as of 1.0.2) does not contain either of them due to patents restriction. The RSA patent expires Sept
20, 2000. A new GnuPG release is then scheduled to include it. The IDEA patent does not expire before 2007 so don't expect official
support before then.

     I suspect that the incorporation is already done, and that it was going
to be released in two weeks.  Perhaps they will go ahead and release it
early...