Large files on Windows 2000

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 11:23:17 +0200

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, DayWare wrote:

> Please excuse me but I am a newbie to GnuPG, (and encryption in general)
> but I wonder if anyone else has had problems decrypting big ( 4-6 gig)
> files on Windows 2000. I have made smaller files work fine but no luck
> with the big ones. I am encryting with default DES/AL GIMAL 1024. The
Did you try to pipe the data in and out? IF you don;t do so, GnuPG might use filelength to get the size of the plaintext when encrypting and that function does only return 32 bits. By using pipes this will be avoided. GnuPG must use partial length encoding to cope with large files. Werner -- Werner Koch GnuPG key: 621CC013 OpenIT GmbH http://www.OpenIT.de -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org