"--clearsign" bug?

Matthew Gatto gatto@linuxfreak.com
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 22:43:22 -0400 (EDT)

I would like to know if this is happens to everyone else, and
therefore, if it is a bug:

If i save a mail message to a file, and it has a signature at the end
(such as the one at the bottom of this message); with a "--" and then
proceeding signature text, and I clearsign this message/file via
$ gpg --clearsign message
[..]

the resulting file is signed correctly, but the signed text gets
mangled. any line (inside the signature) that is "--", (the text right
before one's signature) gets turned into "- --".

is this a gnupg bug?

GnuPG 1.0.1, on a GNU/linux x86 system. please CC any replies, as I am
not part of the mailing list!

--
10:26pm  up 70 days, 17:51,  4 users,  load average: 0.08, 0.05, 0.01