PGP 6.5.3 on Windows and GnuPG 1.0.3 ??

Peter Biechele Peter.Biechele@bextec.de
Mon, 25 Sep 2000 07:43:08 GMT

Hello !

I know it is discussed probably a lot of times, but I can not find the
right Mailings or HowTos.
I am trying to use GNU PG 1.0.2/3 on Linux and on the other end of the
communication line PGP 6.5.3 on Windows.

I have created my own secret key/public key on Gnu PG Linux and exported
it to an ASCII File. This ASCII File was imported on the PGP 6.5.3
program and worked fine. Then the other side created a PGP 6.5.3 keypair
and exported their key to ascii. I tried to import the PGP 6.5.3 public
key to my keyring and it worked, except the name of the other side was
missing on the Geheimnis GUI in the KeyRing display. But it was available
in the gnupg commands.

To test the installation, we encrypted a file using my GNU PG public key
on PGP 6.5.3 running Windows. I tried to decrypt this file on my Linux
GNU PG machine, but it did not work !!!

Does anybody have experience with exchanging encrypted files between PGP
6.5.3 and GNU PG 1.0.2/3 ???? We just want to communicate securely !! No
export of secret keys necessary.

Thank you very much for your time and patience !

Best Regards

Peter Biechele

--
Dr. Peter Biechele                 Tel.:   +49 7641 920869 41
beXtec GmbH              Fax:    +49 7641 920869 49