GNU for win32

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 12:46:52 +0200

On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, Eugene wrote:

> Just a quick Q. A while back (a year or so ago) it was mentioned in the
> readme file that win32 version of GPG was nto to be considered secure
> because its entropy generator was a bit ify. Now I can find no mention of
The random stuff has been rewritten is is now basically the same code as the one from Peter Gutmann's Cryptlib (Kudos to Peter for putting this part under the GPL) and we have done a lot of testing with different CPUs and MS OSes. There is no prove but I believe that the RNG for Windows is now okay. Ciao, Werner -- Werner Koch GnuPG key: 621CC013 OpenIT GmbH http://www.OpenIT.de -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org