Unsupported public key algorithm

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed, 27 Sep 2000 13:08:10 +0200

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000, Johan Wevers wrote:

> That is, if you load the IDEA plugin. That key is from 1992, so it is almost
You don't need the IDEA for importing a key.
> centainly created with pgp 2.x, which only uses IDEA as its public key
> algorithm. It is even only 1022 bits - does anyone know if there were there
> some bugs in pgp 2.0 - 2.3 that prevented 1024 bits keys to be generated?
This is probably a v2 key awith an odd keylength. There might be a problem. I can't remember that I tested many of those v2 keys. He should try 1.0.3. Werner -- Werner Koch GnuPG key: 621CC013 OpenIT GmbH http://www.OpenIT.de -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org