Problems with file opening

Anthony E . Greene agreene@pobox.com
Tue Apr 3 01:17:01 2001

On Mon, 02 Apr 2001 12:08:17 Marshall Dudley wrote:

>I installed gpg on my windows system with no problem, and have exported
>a key.
>
>I also installed gpg on my unix system without any problem. However I
>am unable to get it to do anything. The problem seems to be that for
>some reason it is unable to open any files. I am running while a super
>user, so there should not be any problems with insufficient security.
You should not make a habit of logging in as root. If the key is to be used for regular user functions (email, document signatures, etc) then it should be used in a normal user account, not root. Tony -- Anthony E. Greene <agreene@pobox.com> <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/> PGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26 C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D Chat: AOL/Yahoo: TonyG05 ICQ: 91183266 Linux. The choice of a GNU Generation. <http://www.linux.org/>