Password Prompt

Robin Szemeti robin@rszemeti.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 3 01:26:03 2001

On Mon, 02 Apr 2001, Subba Rao wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How do I avoid password prompt to --clearsign a document? How do I do the
> same for email? It would become really annoying to type a password each time
> you want to send a signed email.
umm .. maybe I'm missing something .. but if you remove the passwords (eg making a passwordless secret key) then you just lost 90% of the security ?? surely having a good, strong , non-dictioanry password is at the very heart of the security model. Typing it in is a Good Thing (tm) isn't it? But try somehting like Kmail and use the pgpgpg thingy to allow you to use the gpg with it. Kmail (and others) have an option to allow you to remember the password for the rest of that session .. remmeber to logout before youleave the room though. -- Robin Szemeti The box said "requires windows 95 or better" So I installed Linux!