Making gnupg from cvs tree on sunos

ethgen@ee.ethz.ch ethgen@ee.ethz.ch
Tue Apr 10 11:51:04 2001

Hello,

I tryed to compile gnupg under sunos. All tools I need are installed
(gettext v0.10.35, automake V1.4)
Wenn I start scripts/autogen.sh, I get the following errors:
---snip---
Running gettextize...  Ignore non-fatal messages.
Can't open aclocal.m4
You should update your own `aclocal.m4' by adding the necessary
macro packages gettext.m4, lcmessage.m4 and progtest.m4 from
the directory `/aclocal'
Running aclocal...
aclocal: configure.in: 311: macro `AM_GNU_GETTEXT' not found in library
Running autoheader...
Running automake --gnu ...
util/Makefile.am:23: library used but `RANLIB' not defined in onfigure.in'
Running autoconf...
autoconf: Undefined macros:
configure.in:168:AC_SYS_LARGEFILE
You can now run "./configure" and then "make".
---snap---
and a following ./configure:
---snip---
./configure: syntax error at line 565: `AM_CONFIG_HEADER' unexpected
---snap---

Klaus Ethgen

Ps. Please set a cc to my address, cause I'm not listing the mailinglist.
Thanks.