Which Keyserver???

Subba Rao Subba Rao <subba9@home.com>
Mon Apr 16 16:07:01 2001

On  0, Brian Minton <minton@csc.smsu.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 08:07:14PM +0000, Subba Rao wrote:
> >
> > The key id here has been changed. When I try to verify the key manually at the
> > www.keyserver.net, there is no key to be found. What are the commonly used
> > key servers? Are they different for GPG and PGP?
>
> I use the following: (most frequently used first)
>
> horowitz.surfnet.nl
> pgp.mit.edu
> certserver.pgp.com
> wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net
> europe.keys.pgp.com
>

> the pgp.com one is the default on windows users of pgp, and most of them talk
> to each other to some extent, so which ever one you use should be ok. The
> first one is very quick, and seems to be pretty up to date as well.

Thank you for replying and the server info. In the options file, there is a command to list the keyservers. $ host -l pgp.net | grep www I have tried this and got a long list of servers along with the some of the servers you mentioned. Do I need to upload my public key to all these servers or do the key servers exchange the new/updated keys? The main server I relied on until now was www.keyserver.net. It looks like you need to add you public key ID AND the keyserver name as part of the signature. If there is better and transparent solution, please do let me know. Thank you once again. -- Subba Rao subba9@home.com http://members.home.net/subba9/ GPG public key ID 27FC9217