Secure Memory Warning Message?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon Apr 16 22:19:02 2001

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Nick Andriash wrote:

> Have I not typed it in correctly? What does GPG mean by "Go ahead and type
> your message"?
It is just to avoid questions like: "I typed gpg but nothing happend, even after waiting for more than 3 hours". Not everyone is aware of the usual GNU tool semantics, to accept input on stdin when no filename is given. So if stdin is connected to the tty gpg prints this notice. Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus