Newbie having a few problems getting going.

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed Apr 25 19:03:01 2001

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, David Turner wrote:

> We can both send messages which work to ourselves, and I have no trouble
> receiving messages from him. He is using GnuPG 1.0.0, and I have GnuPG
> 1.0.4, but I'm sure I'm not the first person to try this and the FAQs
Did he create his key with 1.0.0 or is that a PGP or GnuPG > 1.0.1 created key? The problem might be that your implementation assumes his implementation supports MDC packets. Please check what symmetric encryption algorithm has been used: Just adding -v to the commandline should show you this. -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus