Can't import keys -- link() failed

Miroslav Koncar miroslav.koncar@etk.ericsson.se
Thu Apr 26 08:57:01 2001

Hello,

I was following this discussion, which I'm very interested in. I guess,
I was also trying to do a similar thing as Sam, to use floppies as some
kind of smart cards for the users' keys (public and private). To be
perfectly clear, I'm programming a simple user interface for
encryption/decryption using GPGME APIs, and all of my keys are on floppy
disk. I was testing this on different platforms, and came to this
conclusion so far:

- on Solaris, you just need to set up the GNUPGHOME variable to point to
the floppy, and there's no need for the option that Werner said.

- on Linux (which I'm pretty sure Sam is working on), that's not
possible, for the reason Werner pointed out. I didn't know about the
--lock-never option, I'll try that later on.

- on Windows... no idea, and therefor I'm getting involved here. I'm
trying to set the GNUPGHOME to point at the floppy (a:), but it's
ignoring me, and always goes to the c:\gnupg. I've tried to set the
variable in different ways, and no success. So, how can I set up my
enviroment on Windows to change the default keyrings directory?

Thanks,
    Miroslav