ordering the user-id listing

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Sat Apr 28 19:59:04 2001

On Sat, 28 Apr 2001, Frank Tobin wrote:

> In 1.0.4h, what determines the user-id sorting? I noticed it changed
> (breaking a lot of GnuPG::Interface regression tests). Is it possible to
> make the ordering an option?
The first user ID listed is the primary user ID (i.e. what gpg things is the primary one). There has never benn a real sorting order it has always been the sequence of the packets in the keyring and software might change it. Becuase there is no real sorting order and the sorting might even change in the future, I do not think that it is worth an option. Can you rewrite your regression tests? I know that this is a lot of work, but we have never defined a sorting order either ;-) Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus