PGP/MIME and RFC2440 ?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Sat Apr 28 20:03:02 2001

On Sat, 28 Apr 2001, Nick Andriash wrote:

> Am I correct in presuming that PGP/MIME is part of RFC2440? If so, I
> cannot find reference to it, so if my presumption is correct, would some
> kind Member please direct me to the appropriate section in the RFC?
It is not part of OpenPGP but section 2.4 of rfc2440 says: Note that many applications, particularly messaging applications, will want more advanced features as described in the OpenPGP-MIME document, RFC 2015. An application that implements OpenPGP for messaging SHOULD implement OpenPGP-MIME. BTW, we just had a last call for an updated PGP/MIME RFC, So if you are going to implement that, you should consult draft-ietf-openpgp-mime-06.txt Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus