how to use passphrase-fd

Stefan Bellon sbellon@sbellon.de
Wed Aug 8 19:30:01 2001

"Zhao, Richard" <RZhao@MDserve.com> wrote:

> I am using win32 version of gnupg. I was trying to test the batch
> mode for gnupg In the readme, it says we can use passphrase-fd to
> read passphrase from files I am trying to test it as the following
> string

> gpg --batch --passphrase-fd keyfile --output readmeout --decrypt
> readme.gpg

> keyfile is a text file that stores the private key

> please help me . Thank you
--passphrase-fd expects a file descriptor, not a file. If you want to go via this keyfile, then you'd need this syntax (I haven't tested it on a Windows systems though): gpg --batch --passphrase-fd 0 -o readmeout -d readme.gpg < keyfile Greetings, Stefan. -- Stefan Bellon * <mailto:sbellon@sbellon.de> * <http://www.sbellon.de/> PGP 2.6 and GnuPG (OpenPGP) keys available from my home page VirusScan Message: Windows 95 found: Remove it? (Y/n)