PASSPHRASE

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon Aug 13 10:00:02 2001

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 08:55:10 +0200, Engen, Thomas said:

> Do anyone know the commandline to use when i want to decrypt a file
> automatic and have a PASSPHRASE ?
echo "this is my passphrase" | gpg --passphrase-fd 1 -o plain.asc encrypted.gpg
> I can't find this with gpg -h or anywhere in the documentation.
It is in the man page. BTW, from a security point of view, having the passphrase in a extra file or script does not protect your secret key better than not having a passphrase at all. See the FAQ for the suggested way of unattended decryption. Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus