direct access to ciphers?

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Thu Aug 16 15:04:01 2001

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001 19:14:28 +0800, Msquared  said:

> How hard is it to use that code independent of GnuPG? I want to write a
Not that hard, the easiest way would be to use Libgcrypt.
> small application to encrypt and/or decrypt using RSA and Blowfish
New applications should use AES (Rijndael). But be warned, it is not easy to just use 2 algorithms to create a secure systems. You have to think about many details of which each can badly affect the security. Eventually you will come up with a protocol like OpenPGP (which still has some flaws) - so you are better off to strip GnuPG down to what you need (and manage to keep up with bug fixes). -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus