GPG with PHP problem

Chris Mason masonc@masonc.com
Sun Aug 19 14:53:01 2001

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C1288E.4C0DBB80

I have a GPG class for php which works fine, I'll send it to you directly.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: gnupg-users-admin@gnupg.org [mailto:gnupg-users-admin@gnupg.org]On
Behalf Of JohnHBeasley@aol.com
  Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2001 8:03 AM
  To: gnupg-users@gnupg.org
  Subject: GPG with PHP problem

  Hi,

  I'm currently evaluating GPG as a product and I'm having some problems
  invoking gpg commands from within a PHP script.

  Currently I'm am able to encrypt files from the command line no problem
  running under redhat linux (latest version) on an Apache web server but as
  soon as I try the same command line via the system() command in PHP - the
  file is no longer encrypted. A return code = 2 is returned by the system
  command. However when I test the very same PHP script locally on my PC
which
  is running under Windows 2000 - gpg is invoked and the file is encrypted
  beautifully.

  So I then tried creating a perl script which calls gpg to encrypt a file.
  This works fine under linux on the Apache web server when you call the
perl
  script from the command line. However when I then use a PHP script to call
  the perl script to do the encryption - the perl script is invoked and runs
  but once again the encryption does not take place !!! I know the perl
script
  is run because there are print commands displayed as part of the output
!!!

  I am at a loss as to what to try next. Is it a permissions thing between
PHP,
  linux & GPG ?

  Any help would be very much appreciated as I'm getting nowhere fast.

  Thanks
  Christine

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C1288E.4C0DBB80

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 5.50.4807.2300" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D531210613-19082001><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#0000ff =
size=3D2>I have=20
a GPG class for php which works fine, I'll send it to you=20
directly.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
  <DIV class=3DOutlookMessageHeader dir=3Dltr align=3Dleft><FONT =
face=3DTahoma=20
  size=3D2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> =
gnupg-users-admin@gnupg.org=20
  [mailto:gnupg-users-admin@gnupg.org]<B>On Behalf Of=20
  </B>JohnHBeasley@aol.com<BR><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, August 19, 2001 8:03=20
  AM<BR><B>To:</B> gnupg-users@gnupg.org<BR><B>Subject:</B> GPG with PHP =

  problem<BR><BR></FONT></DIV><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT =
size=3D2>Hi,=20
  <BR><BR>I'm currently evaluating GPG as a product and I'm having some =
problems=20
  <BR>invoking gpg commands from within a PHP script. <BR><BR>Currently =
I'm am=20
  able to encrypt files from the command line no problem <BR>running =
under=20
  redhat linux (latest version) on an Apache web server but as <BR>soon =
as I try=20
  the same command line via the system() command in PHP - the <BR>file =
is no=20
  longer encrypted. A return code =3D 2 is returned by the system =
<BR>command.=20
  However when I test the very same PHP script locally on my PC which =
<BR>is=20
  running under Windows 2000 - gpg is invoked and the file is encrypted=20
  <BR>beautifully. <BR><BR>So I then tried creating a perl script which =
calls=20
  gpg to encrypt a file. <BR>This works fine under linux on the Apache =
web=20
  server when you call the perl <BR>script from the command line. =
However when I=20
  then use a PHP script to call <BR>the perl script to do the encryption =
- the=20
  perl script is invoked and runs <BR>but once again the encryption does =
not=20
  take place !!! I know the perl script <BR>is run because there are =
print=20
  commands displayed as part of the output !!! <BR><BR>I am at a loss as =
to what=20
  to try next. Is it a permissions thing between PHP, <BR>linux &amp; =
GPG ?=20
  <BR><BR>Any help would be very much appreciated as I'm getting nowhere =
fast.=20
  <BR><BR>Thanks <BR>Christine</FONT> </FONT></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01C1288E.4C0DBB80--