Email reader...

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Wed Aug 22 18:58:01 2001

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001 17:17:08 +0100, Graham  said:

> message). Am I not supposed to suggest an alternative?
Well I do not think it is a good idea to tell people to use an illegal piece of software. People may start to use it and later NAI goes after *them*. To clean up the situation, you may want to get a statement from NAI that they accept the modifications of their software and allow the distribution of it. The GNU project relies on the copyright law (although we think that it is wrong) to protect the GPLed software. We can't say we don't care about proprietary liceses and use them as we will, because then we don't have the moral right to enforce the GPL. Werner -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus