php & gpg & new to linux == frustration :-(

Jack@Hildebrand Jack@Hildebrand.com
Wed Aug 29 21:03:02 2001

------=_NextPart_000_0074_01C1309B.D6E54BA0

Nuts am I going.

I have been trying to automate what I think is a rather simple task. =
That is to take a plain text file and encrypt it before sending it to =
another web server via the Internet. I am using php to do this with but =
it has beaten me so bad that I feel like I am never going to get a real =
command of this linux stuff. It is relatively new to me as I am use to =
programming in the "evil" environment of microsoft. I suspect this has =
to do with environment/rights/privileges of linux that I still have not =
really come to grips with. Anyone that can help, I would certainly =
appreciate it so much that I can't say. I would promise you my first =
born but I promised that away years ago for something far less. Good =
thing I don't keep my promises well or I might be childless by now.  ;-)

TIA

Here is the error log from trying to do a gpg -list-keys from php

gpg: //.gnupg/secring.gpg: can't create keyring: Permission denied

gpg: keyblock resource `//.gnupg/secring.gpg': file open error

gpg: //.gnupg/pubring.gpg: can't create keyring: Permission denied

gpg: keyblock resource `//.gnupg/pubring.gpg': file open error

gpg: //.gnupg/secring.gpg: can't create keyring: Permission denied

gpg: keyblock resource `//.gnupg/secring.gpg': file open error

gpg: //.gnupg/pubring.gpg: can't create keyring: Permission denied

gpg: keyblock resource `//.gnupg/pubring.gpg': file open error

usage: gpg [options] --encrypt [filename]

------=_NextPart_000_0074_01C1309B.D6E54BA0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>
<P>Nuts am I going.</P>
<P>I have been trying to automate what I think is a rather simple task. =
That is=20
to take a plain text file and encrypt it before sending it to another =
web server=20
via the Internet. I am using php to do this with but it has beaten me so =
bad=20
that I feel like I am never going to get a real command of this linux =
stuff. It=20
is relatively new to me as I am use to programming in the "evil" =
environment of=20
microsoft. I suspect this has to do with environment/rights/privileges =
of linux=20
that I still have not really come to grips with. Anyone that can help, I =
would=20
certainly appreciate it so much that I can't say. I would promise you my =
first=20
born but I promised that away years ago for something far less. Good =
thing I=20
don&#8217;t keep my promises well or I might be childless by now.&nbsp; =
;-)</P>
<P>TIA</P>
<P>Here is the error log from trying to do a gpg &#8211;list-keys from =
php</P>
<P>gpg: //.gnupg/secring.gpg: can't create keyring: Permission =
denied</P>
<P>gpg: keyblock resource `//.gnupg/secring.gpg': file open error</P>
<P>gpg: //.gnupg/pubring.gpg: can't create keyring: Permission =
denied</P>
<P>gpg: keyblock resource `//.gnupg/pubring.gpg': file open error</P>
<P>gpg: //.gnupg/secring.gpg: can't create keyring: Permission =
denied</P>
<P>gpg: keyblock resource `//.gnupg/secring.gpg': file open error</P>
<P>gpg: //.gnupg/pubring.gpg: can't create keyring: Permission =
denied</P>
<P>gpg: keyblock resource `//.gnupg/pubring.gpg': file open error</P>
<P>usage: gpg [options] --encrypt [filename]</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0074_01C1309B.D6E54BA0--