Panic

Jonathan Hayward -- http://JonathansCorner.com jshayward@pobox.com
Fri Aug 31 20:42:02 2001

--------------B3C4A9CEA30B2883EFDF6765

--------------A63E9B32FF98B92133323C3E

I'm trying to construct commands from the man page (example-type stuff),
and I have (I thought) created a sample/dummy/non-confidential keypair
to use in demonstration, and stored them in
sample_public_key/sample_private_key.  However, gpg panicked when
I tried to use the private key (script attached).  Am I invoking it
wrong, or do I have a corrupt keyfile, or is there something else wrong?

--
Jonathan Hayward
jshayward@pobox.com

--------------A63E9B32FF98B92133323C3E

I'm trying to construct commands from the man page (example-type stuff),
and I&nbsp;have (I thought)&nbsp;created a sample/dummy/non-confidential
keypair to use in demonstration, and stored them in sample_public_key/sample_private_key.&nbsp;
However, gpg panicked when I&nbsp;tried to use the private key (script
attached).&nbsp; Am I&nbsp;invoking it wrong, or do I&nbsp;have a corrupt
keyfile, or is there something else wrong?
<pre>--&nbsp;
Jonathan Hayward
jshayward@pobox.com
<A HREF="http://JonathansCorner.com">http://JonathansCorner.com</A>
(A four dimensional maze, stories, essays, artwork, and other things...)</pre>
&nbsp;</html>

--------------A63E9B32FF98B92133323C3E--

--------------B3C4A9CEA30B2883EFDF6765

Script started on Fri Aug 31 13:34:03 2001
]0;jonathan@jonathan: /home/jonathan/eolas/tclgpgjonathan:~/eolas/tclgpg{jonathan}% gpg --output sample_document.asc --secret-key
ring ./sample_private_key --local-user E0F4DBD8 --sign sample_document
gpg: Warning: using insecure memory!

gpg: Ohhhh jeeee: ... this is a bug (getkey.c:2234:lookup)
secmem usage: 1408/1408 bytes in 2/2 blocks of pool 1408/16384
Aborted
]0;jonathan@jonathan: /home/jonathan/eolas/tclgpgjonathan:~/eolas/tclgpg{jonathan}% exit

Script done on Fri Aug 31 13:34:18 2001

--------------B3C4A9CEA30B2883EFDF6765--