Secure Memory

Sebastian Jaenicke tsa@jaenicke.org
Thu Dec 6 13:39:02 2001

--6c2NcOVqGQ03X4Wi

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 12:13:49PM +0000, Lars Hecking wrote:
> Mutant writes:
> >=20
> >=20
> > When I perform a GPG operation involving my secure key I get the=20
> > message: Using insecure memory....
> >=20
> > This suggests to me that there is a more secure way to perform the=20
> > operation. I can't find reference to this topic and would like to.
>=20
> man gpg
>      --no-secmem-warning
>                Suppress  the  warning   about   "using   insecure
>                memory".

Uhm...disabling a warning doesn't mean that "secure memory" is being used.
AFAIK the only way to use "secure memory" is to run gnupg as root (at least
it doesn't show the warning when run as root).

Sebastian
--=20
Sebastian Jaenicke
whois pgpkey-18AC0BE4@whois.ripe.net|perl -ne's-^certif: +--&&print'