License for gnupg or gpgme

Eric Klein erick@softshare.com
Tue Dec 11 01:00:02 2001

Hello all,

I'm sorry to ask a question that has probably already been answered
here before, but I couldn't find the answer in the FAQ or in quick
search of the lists from http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/.

Is gpgme using the LGPL (or the GPL)? The reason I ask is because I
work for a company that sells commercial software, and we are looking
at possibly using gnupg via gpgme to support OpenPGP in our product.
Before I get very far on figuring out if we'll be able to use it
though I wanted to find out if it was even possible/allowable to use
it in a commercial context. It seems much more desirable a library
than the commercially available ones I've been able to find not just
because of its cost, but largely because being open source, there is
a chance to look at the source and find (and report) bugs myself
(rather than waiting months or years for a fix from the vendor).

Anyway, thanks for your time.

P.S. If you could CC me on the answer I would appreciate it. I've not
yet subscribed to the various lists for gnupg.

TIA.

Eric Klein
Softshare
erick@softshare.com