Security Implications

Steve Butler sbutler@fchn.com
Wed Dec 12 20:56:02 2001

> A thought question for the crypto-analysts.
>
> Given the same file is being encrypted for two (or more) recipients all
> having separate public keys on my keyring.  Presume that I will FTP the
> encrypted file to each recipient's inbound FTP site. Ignoring the work
> overhead on my computer, which provides better overall security and
> immunity to decrypting attacks:
>
> 1.  Encrypt the file to each recipient individually and FTP each encrypted
> file to the appropriate recipient.  (encrypt many)
>
> 2.  Encrypt the file for all recipients and FTP the one encrypted file to
> each recipient's FTP site. (encrypt once with many recipients)
>
> Steve

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.