Problem with pgp...

David Shaw dshaw@jabberwocky.com
Sat Dec 15 07:40:01 2001

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC

On Sat, Dec 15, 2001 at 01:31:47AM -0500, Andre Esteves wrote:
> Hi!
>=20
> I have recently installed gnupg in my Mandrake 8.0 Linux
> instalation.
>=20
> i have created keys, but forgot the passphrase (i know.. i know..),
> so had to delete the keys. I used the comand line option: gnupg
> --delete-key.
>=20
> After that i have created a new pair of keys. But when i run: gnupg
> --edit-keys <user> it loops with the following message:
>=20
> secret key available...
>=20
> gpg: waiting for lock (hold by 4781 - probably dead) ...
> (same message....looping)

You have a lock file left over from a previous run of gpg.  It is
preventing gpg from accessing the trust database, because it thinks
that the previous run is still going.

Make sure you don't have any gpg processes running, and remove the
stale lock file.  In most cases that would be in the .gnupg directory
in your home directory: "rm ~/.gnupg/trustdb.gpg.lock"

David

--=20
-+

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC