How to verify that a signature is from a specific sender

Robert Dahlem Robert Dahlem" <Robert.Dahlem@siemens.com
Tue Dec 18 12:17:01 2001

Werner,

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001 09:17:10 +0100, Werner Koch wrote:

>> How do I verify (or decrypt and verify) something so that I can be
>> sure the mail or file was signed exactly by sender X@Y.Z and noone
>> else?

>Because this is a common task, I wrote gpgv which is the signature
>verification code of gpg without all the key validation stuff.  You
>just pass a custom keyring with the valid signers to gpgv and use it
>like gpg. If you have installed gpg try "man gpgv".

This still fails on files whiche are signed _and_ encrypted, probably
because it cannot decrypt the files without access to ~/.gnupg/secring.gpg

>The other way is to grep for the status line.  I like to do this using
>awk.

That's what I'll do after messing around with this stuff for quite a while
now. :-)

Thank you anyway.

Regards,
        Robert

--
Robert.Dahlem@siemens.com
Siemens Business Services - FS GF KORDOBA-Outsourcing