gpg on public system?

Matthias Urlichs smurf@noris.de
Fri Feb 2 13:56:13 2001

Hi,

Jan Petranek:

> Up to now I am using the ~/.gnupg -directory just as usual, except the
> ~/.gnupg/secring.gpg beeing a link to a file on a removable cd-rom.
Frankly, I can't think of a better alternative. In fact, it's basically impossible to graft a secure subsystem onto an insecure machine if you cannot restrict access from the insecure system in any way. A Bad Guy with root access, on a Unix box, is just the ultimate example of this principle. -- Matthias Urlichs | noris network AG | http://smurf.noris.de/ -- The average American spends 37 weeks of his life driving over speed bumps.