gpg on public system?

Chad Davis cad8@dana.ucc.nau.edu
Mon Feb 5 14:11:03 2001

I am in the same situation at my university. I also do not entirely trust
our friendly admins. I carry my secring.gpg around on a floppy (with
backups at home). But, because floppies are so slow and unreliable, I
make a directory in /tmp and chmod it 700 before copying my secring.gpg
there. This might not be very safe, but most of the other partitions on
the system are NFS mounted from elsewhere. I also have that temp directory
being deleted in my .bash_logout.

Chad Davis cad8@dana.ucc.nau.edu PGP Key ID# 6550D214 available from: http://www.keyserver.net