using a revocation certificate

Michael Rauch mrauch-gnupg@fs.tum.de
Thu Feb 8 14:55:01 2001

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 01:58:41PM +0100, Juergen Stohr wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the following problem:
> I would like to revoke my public key, that was sent to a keyserver. I
> tried to mail the certificate (generated with "gpg --output revoke.asc
> --gen-revoke stohr") to the keyserver (subject ADD). But this server
> answered with the following message:
You have to apply revoke.asc first to your keyring $ gpg --import revoke.asc and then send the modified key to the keyserver. $ gpg --send-key 0x{your-key-id}
> Key block in add request contained no new
> keys, userid's, or signatures.
> Your key block contained 1 format errors,
> which were treated as if the erroneous elements
> hadn't been part of your submission.
> The errors were outside of any PGP public key;
> maybe you didn't send a public key block at all.
> Anyway, the last error encountered was:
> Key block corrupt: signature without key
>
> Now my question is:
> How do I get this key (0AF6E9EE) out of the keyservers?
Well, you can't really get it out of the keyserver. (This would need manual intervention to the database, and you could never be sure that another person is not adding it again.) But to get a revoked version to the keyservers, use the procedure as described above. Regards, Michael