Suggestion

Anthony E . Greene agreene@pobox.com
Sun Feb 18 03:43:00 2001

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001 14:03:45 Stefan Bellon wrote:

>Yes, ok, then let's make my suggestion different. Then I think a
>confirmation question like:
>
> "Are you sure you want to export your secret key? (y/N)"
>
>Should appear. I *know* that it doesn't introduce any security. But
>it's generally a bad thing when you notice "Oooops, was this my SECRET
>KEY BLOCK I attached to that email? Sh*t! Why didn't GnuPG warn me
>about this." Not that this happened to me, but I know a few people that
>are afraid of this happening.
You have to specify "--export-secret-key" on the command line in order to do this. I just can't see that happening by mistake. No graphical interface should make it easy to export the secret key. In fact, I'd suggest that the user be forced to use the command line to extract the secret key, just to make it harder for novices to do it unintentionally. Tony -- Anthony E. Greene <agreene@pobox.com> <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/> PGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26 C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D Chat: AOL/Yahoo: TonyG05 ICQ: 91183266 Linux. The choice of a GNU Generation. <http://www.linux.org/>