deleting a userid does not require the secret key passphrase

Florian Weimer fw@deneb.enyo.de
04 Jan 2001 14:48:44 +0100

Anonymous <nobody@remailer.ch> writes:

> Today I had to delete a userid in one of my keys. GnuPG (1.0.4) did
> what I told it to do, but never asked for my (secret key protecting)
> passphrase.
>
> Is this a bug, or normal behaviour ?
This is the intended behavior. OpenPGP signatures on key material cover at most one user ID, so you can remove any user ID (and the corresponding signatures) without affecting the others. -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org