trouble retrieving keys from keyserver

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 15:01:40 +0100

On Sun, 7 Jan 2001, sVennieboy wrote:

> svenniboy@D5E03575:~$ gpg --recv-key 0xDE611F23
> gpg: requesting key DE611F23 from www.keyserver.net ...
> gpg: [fd 4]: read error: Connection reset by peer
> gpg: Total number processed: 0
> gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.
Strange, but it is a problem of the keyserver and not GnuPG. I can't see a reason why it should depend on whether you put --keyserver in the options file or on the commandline. Afaik, the *.keyserver.net stuff is not very reliable and I recently heard about a lot of problems. I am currently using horowitz.surfnet.nl Werner -- Werner Koch <wk@gnupg.org> GNU Privacy Guard (http://www.gnupg.org) Free Software Foundation Europe (http://www.fsfeurope.org) [Please see X-* mail header for OpenPGP key info] -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org