deleting duplicate key

Faheem Mitha faheem@email.unc.edu
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 19:52:31 -0500 (EST)

Dear gpg people,

I have been using gpg for some time without difficulty. However, I have
been having some difficulty with key management.

$ gpg --list-keys

gives me

pub  1024D/9A9886FE 2000-10-28 Hassan Mitha (None) <hassan_m@gmx.net>
.
.
.
pub  1024D/AB9666ED 2001-01-16 Hassan Mitha <hassan_m@gmx
sub  1024g/FA528CBF 2001-01-16

So you can see that there are two public keys for Hassan Mitha. I want to
remove the earlier one. However, I succeeded only in removing the subkey.
How can I take out the whole thing so that only the 2000-1-16 key is
left?

I tried
$ gpg --edit-key hassan_m@gmx.net

which gave me

pub  1024D/9A9886FE  created: 2000-10-28 expires: never      trust: -/d
*** This key has been disabled
(1)  Hassan Mitha (None) <hassan_m@gmx.net>

(I disabled this key in desperation when I could not delete it).

$ key 1
gives me

No secondary key with index 1

And various other options give me unhelpful responses which I will not
attempt to reproduce.

What should I do? Thanks in advance for any response.

Please cc me. I am not surrently to subscribed to the gpg mailing list.

                           Sincerely, Faheem Mitha.