Compatibility GPG/PGP - FAQ addenum

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 18:47:58 +0100

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Nils Ellmenreich wrote:

> input in order to encrypt it in a way that PGP can handle it. If you pipe
> it to gpg, then you don't have that info. The resulting file format can
> then not be read by PGP2 (I think it's called "partial length headers").
And you should disable the compression (-z 0)
> IIRC, PGP6x can read partial length headers. If you can fix your problem
> by changing LF to CR/LF, then I'd assume that your problem is different
> to the one described in the above FAQ question.
Hmmm, it might be a side effect, I would have to check whether a textfilter is used - then it is again not possible to know the length in advance. Avoiding these problems by storing intermediate processing results in memory is on my task list. This will work for most relatively small files. Werner -- Werner Koch <wk@gnupg.org> GNU Privacy Guard (http://www.gnupg.org) Free Software Foundation Europe (http://www.fsfeurope.org) [Please see X-* mail header for OpenPGP key info] -- Archive is at http://lists.gnupg.org - Unsubscribe by sending mail with a subject of "unsubscribe" to gnupg-users-request@gnupg.org