Expiry bug (can convert v3 key to current?)

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Mon Jul 2 10:37:02 2001

 || On Sat, 30 Jun 2001 14:59:40 -0700 (PDT)
 || Len Sassaman <rabbi@quickie.net> wrote:

 ls> Erm, wait a second. I read that a little too fast.
 ls> Werner, what's going on here?

The specs only say that the primary key must be capable of signing.
There is nothing in it to forbid a signing-only subkey.  In fact it
has always been possible to create a DSA subkey with GnuPG.

I agree that gpg has the bug to ask for some properties (size of key)
and later ignores the values because they make no sense for DSA.

Ciao,

  Werner