effects and incompatibilities between GPG1.0.6 and PGP CKT 06

Werner Koch wk@gnupg.org
Sat Jul 7 17:39:01 2001

Hi,

I have read the text.

On Sat, 7 Jul 2001 12:35:05 +0200, Kai Raven said:

> i have made some tests with GnuPG 1.0.6 and PGP CKT build 06.
I must have missed something: Nach Vermutung von Imad R. Faiad, dem Entwickler von PGP CKT, hängen PGP CKT seems to be not the PGP SDK. I don't know this software nor do I know the author or have noticed him in the OpenPGP WG. We discussed several issues for a long time in the WG and for example the fact that MDC is always used with ciphers of a blocksize different to 64 bits has informally been agreed on. BTW, the feature subpacket and the MDC are defined in an _expired_ draft. GnuPG always prefers a subkey key over the primary key if a subkey has the needed capability. This behaviour has a couple of advantages and is in compliance with OpenPGP. It is expected that author implementing features beyond the scope of rfc2440 are participating in the discussion in the WG, so that we can informally agree on new stuff and not cleary defined stuff (like the role flag). -- Werner Koch Omnis enim res, quae dando non deficit, dum habetur g10 Code GmbH et non datur, nondum habetur, quomodo habenda est. Privacy Solutions -- Augustinus