effects and incompatibilities between GPG1.0.6 and PGP CKT 06

Johan Wevers johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 9 20:44:01 2001

You, Florian Weimer, wrote:

>> The CKT (Cyber Knights Templar) pgp versions are based on the released NAI
>> sourcecode,

> Ah, I see. These versions have a questionable legal state.
> Personally, I recommend against using them.
As I have stated earlier in the IDEA vs. other symmetric algo discussions, I don't base my decision which security software to use on legal reasons. I don't use pgp-CKT, but that is anly because it is a windows only version and nothing else. I prefer pgp 2.x and gpg because they are commandline programs running on almost any OS. -- ir. J.C.A. Wevers // Physics and science fiction site: johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl // http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html PGP/GPG public keys at http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/pgpkeys.html