effects and incompatibilities between GPG1.0.6 and PGP CKT 06

Johan Wevers johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl
Wed Jul 11 20:17:05 2001

Len Sassaman wrote:

[about pgp CKT versions]

> If I were you, I would pay for an audit of this code before you trusted
> it. That's all I'm willing to say at this point.
No reason to be so grumpy. At least, with the CKT version, this is possible. That's more than NAI can say. And _that's_ something _I'm_ grumphy about.
>Imad's messing things up again, probably. If you use CKT, you accept the
>fact that there are going to be incompatibilities.
>Werner, I wouldn't waste your time on this.
Since the CKT versions will probably grow in popularity with windows users now that closed-source NAI pgp is rapidly loosing trust I think there are many reasons to sort this out. -- ir. J.C.A. Wevers // Physics and science fiction site: johanw@vulcan.xs4all.nl // http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/index.html PGP/GPG public keys at http://www.xs4all.nl/~johanw/pgpkeys.html