CryptChat, a little off topic, so please don't kill me. :-)

Clayton Haapala clay@haapi.mn.org
Fri Jul 13 06:09:01 2001

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 04:04:35PM -0400, Rich wrote:

> Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 16:04:35 -0400
>
> Allow me to post just a quick comment about a cool little
> project that Timo recently started hacking on.
>
> It's a console based p2p encrypted chat program for linux and
> Win32 that uses DH key exchange and Blowfish symmetric encryption.
> It's called CryptChat and if anyone is interested in looking at it,
> or adding code. The URL is:
>
> http://www.winpt.org/cryptchat.
>
> Perhaps this is an additional program that could be added to the
> Gnu Privacy Project. :-)

The Jabber IM specs support "signed" presence and encrypted p2p messaging. Gabber, a GNOME client, in particular, supports GPG for all that. Still a work in progress, but being actively developed. -- Clay Haapala "Woe to he who fears change more than disaster! For clay@haapi.mn.org how can he then avoid disaster?" -- from "the Firebugs"