Trusted Signatures on your Public key?

Peter Lavender plaven@ozemail.com.au
Tue Jul 17 12:00:02 2001

Hi everyone,

I'm still wading through the reading available on Public Key Crypto,
one thing I'm not sure about, actully there's a lot I'm not sure
about, is what I came across reading about the web of trust, was
getting someone you trust to sign your key.

How does this work?  Does someone I know and trust sign my public key?
If so, how is that done and do I import it?

I appreciate the work gone into gpg... having read a page outlining
PGP horror stories, the one thing that came about was that public
keys weren't signed.. with that I checked my public key to find that
it had already been signed.. I gather during the process of creating
the key pair...?

--
Peter Lavender

Eternally confused!