Win32 passphrase proposal

Daryl Krauter dkrauter@getesuite.com
Wed Jul 25 17:49:02 2001

How true, but it really is no different than storing it
in some file and passing it via the commandline arg '--passphrase-fd'.

FWIW, the 'pgp' commandline interface supports the same type
of thing via either an environment variable PASSPHRASEFD (for file
descriptor)
or PASSPHRASE (as the string itself).

Perhaps a better scenario is for the passphrase to be stored in a 'mangled'
state so it would not be as easily figured out.