gnupg, keyservers and key revocation.

Brian Minton minton@csc.smsu.edu
Sun Jun 3 00:27:01 2001

On Sat, Jun 02, 2001 at 10:47:06PM +0200, Lars Chr. Hausmann wrote:

> Thanks a bunch, now I just need to get the one last key revoked, which
> is by accident erased the secret key. I guess there's no way out of
> that one even tho I do have the revokation certificate.
no, if you already have the certificate, all you need to do is import it. (You will need the public key already in your keyring, but not the secret one. Your secret key is needed to *make* the revocation certificate, but once made, it affects only the *public* key. -- Brian Minton minton@csc.smsu.edu Caution: in case of rapture, this computer will be unoccupied! PGP 0xE177AFF0 fingerprint AB94 E395 78CE 0967 2542 A7B3 178C 3E66 E177 AFF0