Problems with 1024 RSA

Michal Izydorski Michal Izydorski <M.Izydorski@rubikon.pl>
Wed Jun 13 17:01:01 2001

Hello everybody.

I have some trouble with old (1998/1997 year) keys.
First my coleague send me encrypted file, I wouldn't be able to
decrypt:

D:\Mi\gnupg>gpg ..\1\Karta.doc.pgp
gpg: protection algorithm 1 is not supported
gpg: encrypted with 1024-bit RSA key, ID 859005CB, created 1998-11-08 "Micha- Izydorski <M.Izydorski@lupus.pl>"
gpg: public key decryption failed: unknown cipher algorithm

D:\Mi\gnupg>gpg -r Micha ..\1\Karta.doc.pgp
gpg: protection algorithm 1 is not supported
gpg: encrypted with 1024-bit RSA key, ID 859005CB, created 1998-11-08 "Micha- Izydorski <M.Izydorski@lupus.pl>"
gpg: public key decryption failed: unknown cipher algorithm

Private key was generated by PGP 5.x or 6.x, don't remember.
I thought that is caused by PGP, whitch my coleague had used (I don't
know, which version).
But I wonder, when I encrypt some data with GPG and the result was the
same:

gpg: protection algorithm 1 is not supported
gpg: encrypted with 1024-bit RSA key, ID 859005CB, created 1998-11-08 "Micha- Izydorski <M.Izydorski@lupus.pl>"
gpg: public key decryption failed: unknown cipher algorithm

ANY IDEAS WHATS WRONG?

Please CC me answer, cause ... (you know what)

Mike Izydorski