Config.status on OS X

David Champion dgc@uchicago.edu
Sat Jun 16 08:08:01 2001

On 2001.06.15, in <87n17a5hw5.fsf@alberti.gnupg.de>,
	"Werner Koch" <wk@gnupg.org> wrote:

> || On Thu, 14 Jun 2001 21:58:31 +0200
> || Sebastian Hagedorn <Hagedorn@spinfo.uni-koeln.de> wrote:
>
> sh> missing_dir=`cd $ac_aux_dir && pwd`
>
> sh> missing_dir=`cd $ac_aux_dir`
>
> sh> works just fine.
>
> Bit the latter is a total differnt thing. && is a standard shell
> operation and absolutely needed. This should be fixed then. The
It sounds as though Apple's environment executes this in a zsh that's aliased "cd" to echo the new cwd after chdir. The fix should be to ditch such aliases before running, or else to force execution under a real sh, or whatever zsh-y thing will enforce proper behavior. Well, or to modify the autoconf stuff to use a chdir instead of a cd. I'm sort of curious... does this problem arise while configuring as root, or as admin (or as a user)? -- -D. dgc@uchicago.edu NSIT University of Chicago