HOWTO on interfacing with gnupg/pgp?

Len Sassaman rabbi@quickie.net
Tue Jun 19 04:19:01 2001

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, Anthony E . Greene wrote:

> He can only use the GPL if he is the copyright holder of all the included
> code, or if the included code has been previously licensed under the GPL.
> I'm not sure he had the right to license the algorithms under the GPL. I
> would talk to a lawyer before depending on PGP 2.3 being GPL.
PGP 1.0 was GPL'd as well, and there's a rather nice RSA implementation as part of it. FWIW, 1.0 did not use IDEA, but is also completely incompatable with any PGP implementation we're using today. __ Len Sassaman Security Architect | Technology Consultant | "Let be be finale of seem." | http://sion.quickie.net | --Wallace Stevens