W32 Bug

niklas schurig niklas.schurig@student.uni-ulm.de
Tue Jun 19 08:11:02 2001

Rich wrote:

> I noticed this a few weeks ago and have been meaning to report
> this.
>
> On my W32 box I have my keyrings in an encrypted scramdisk
> partition which mounts to be the S: drive. I have the correct
> path in my options file so that GPG finds both keyrings properly.
> Yet even though the keyrings exist in the S: drive and GPG finds
> them, GPG still creates keyring files in the C:\gnupg directory (0
> bytes in length).
>
> Rich...
>
> --
> Cogito ergo pugna. (my Latin sigfile..... not really) :-)

Hallo, I noticed the same problem. But it's a communications problem between WinPT and GPG. If you take a look at the options file, and check it with the HOWTO 'GNNUHomeDir' it seems to be correct.I tried it with a floppy, and WinPT simply ignores it (even crashes while 'Chashing keys ...'). I hexedited the GPG-files for additional storing-info but I don't have a clue. No solution till now are are we just to dumb :-) ? Niklas