Fwd: crypto flaw in secure mail standards

Anthony E. Greene agreene@pobox.com
Mon Jun 25 17:22:01 2001

On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, David Shaw wrote:

>After reading the paper, I was thinking about a different way to
>address the problem: encrypt the clear signature.
But how would that stop Bob from misusing that sig later? Using the example of the cancelled deal, Bob could still decrypt the sig and the document (if necessary) and send the whole package to Charlie to lead Charlie to believe that Alice had canceled the Alice/Charlie deal. Tony -- Anthony E. Greene <agreene@pobox.com> <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/> PGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26 C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D Chat: AOL/Yahoo: TonyG05 MSN: te_greene Linux. The choice of a GNU Generation. <http://www.linux.org/>